Music Migration

So far moving my music into Winamp has been going pretty good. I've been cleaning up a bunch of my mp3s that had bad id3s or incorrect naming. One of the things that's really been getting to me is some of the #gamemp3s releases. Our old releases have some really bad tags. They're from back in the day so we were using id3v1 which means not enough room for proper album name and titles. so I end up with "FFX Soundtrack" instead of "Final Fantasy X Original Soundtrack (disc 1)". On that same note, some of the really old ones don't note different albums in the id3s so its really bad. we use to use the format %album - %artist - %filename in playlists for this reason since it allowed for longer names and a track name that implied disc number. So the sad thing about this is that since I'm a mirror for #gamemp3s I can't change any of this without invalidating the release.
Anyways, I'll deal with it. I should have it all setup the way I want in the next week. Only thing i'm concerned with is being able to setup a new plays per day list like I had in iTunes, I really liked that.

2 comments:

hatsumi said...

I wish I had the patience to do shit like that. I'm lazy, maybe. Or I just want to play games. /shrug

On a side note, I want to say how happy I am that gamemp3's released that FFXI thing. Now I don't have to take the time to rip it myself. That box is awesome, btw. I haven't checked gamemp3's site. Did they release the KH one, too? That one is crazy. 9 discs and it even came with a nifty CD holder thing. ^_~ Did I mention that I'm totally broke now?

hatsumi said...

Just checked. Yay, they did. Now I don't have to rip that one, either.