Real Friends

I'm weird. I know I'm weird, I accept it. In fact I love it.

My friends are also aware that I am weird. Some more aware than others. As you would expect, the longer someone knows me, the more they learn about me. Some of my family is still a little confused by me at times. My friend's I've known since I worked at Software Etc I think have a pretty good grasp on the type of person I am. The people I currently work with at CompUSA, however, have no fucking clue, which is suprising cause I've known some of them for going on 3 years.

Today, I was bored. I only had one project to work on and did a pretty good job stretching it out over 8 hours considering it could have been done in under one. So I spent a good deal of the day hiding in the warehouse talking with co-workers with a similar agenda. Everyone I talk to back there is focused on getting me a girlfriend. They start out joking about it. But then seriously won't relent in trying to convince me that I need to go out with them and get laid.

My real friends (the ones that are probably reading this) tried this and understood my feelings on this long ago and have accepted it and moved on. The guys at work now haven't though. I think we spent 30 minutes talking about it. I finally told them I would go out with them next week if they would pay for drinks, which they agreed to... and then continued for another 10 minutes. Not entirely sure I'll go but I currently don't see too many reasons not to.

Anyways, I would just like to thank my real friends for accepting me for who I am and not forcing me to fit into whatever image they see fit for me.

4 comments:

hatsumi said...

:-)

I still contend that if you HAD a girlfriend, she totally wouldn't let you hang out with me because I'm a girl, so I'm just selfish...lol.

All joking aside, though, that's what friends are for. You accept me, too, and believe me, that means a lot. ;-)

Rocky said...

Hey, I chose you as one of my references for my security clearance and there is no way in hell I would have done that if you managed to get hard pressed into another mold.

You also accepted me, and my myraid changes of personality (hey, who needs split-personality disorder?), for that, I am thankful.

Anyways, free booze is free booze, just pick someone reliable to... you know, I think you'll be like me. You'd figure out that finding a person at a bar wouldn't be the best of ideas, no matter how drunk you got. ^^

Allen said...

Free drinks^^ I know you wouldn't let people pressure you into anything you didn't want, so you just got a night of free libations. Crafty... :)
Anyhow, it's a shame that people at your work don't understand you at least a little more after so much time. Well, I'm moving today so I'm off to pack up and load the moving truck.
Take care Dan and good luck with your work "friends."

Allen said...

So have they taken you out yet?